Businesses may improve their order fulfillment process and manage inventory more effectively by using the helpful feature of QuickBooks Enterprise Advanced Inventory, which enables users to create picklists. Using the picklist function, you may create a detailed list of the goods from your inventory that must be selected to complete specific client orders. You may follow the instructions in this article to create a picklist in QuickBooks Enterprise Advanced Inventory.
- Open your business file in QuickBooks Enterprise. Make sure that your QuickBooks Enterprise subscription has the Advanced Inventory option activated.
- Go to the “Inventory” menu and choose “Advanced Inventory Options.” By doing so, the Advanced Inventory Options box will appear, allowing you to customize different inventory options.
- Click the “Site Operations” option in the Advanced Inventory Options box. You may manage inventories across many sites or locations using this tab if necessary.
- Choose the site where you wish to generate the picklist from the “Inventory Site” drop-down list. The location where the products will be picked up should match this website.
- Go to the Site Operations area and click the “Picklists” button. This page offers tools to build new picklists while displaying all already available ones.
- Select the “New Picklist” option to create a new picklist. By doing so, the “New Picklist” box will appear, allowing you to enter the picklist’s specifics.
- Select the picklist’s order source from the “Order Source” drop-down option in the “New Picklist” box. Depending on your company’s requirements, you may choose from various sources, including sales orders, work orders, and custom order types.
- You may adjust the items in the picklist using new filters or criteria. For instance, you may use the order date, the customer’s name, or other pertinent criteria as a filter. This makes it easier to make picklists for specific order batches.
- Click the “Create” button after configuring the order source and adding any relevant filters. Using your instructions, QuickBooks Enterprise will create the picklist.
- Examine the picklist information shown in the Picklist box. The picklist will include details on the products that need to be selected, their amounts, and where they are in your inventory.
- You may manually modify the picklist if necessary. For instance, you may alter amounts, add or delete things, or rearrange the picklist’s item order. Click the “Edit” button in the Picklist box to make these changes.
- After you are pleased with the picklist, print it or send it to the fulfillment team or warehouse workers. Click the “Print” button and adhere to the on-screen directions to print the pick list. Doing this will create a tangible duplicate of the picklist you may provide to the staff.
- You can also send the picklist by selecting “Email” from the Picklist window’s menu options. A new email message will appear with the picklist attached as a PDF or other compatible file type. Send the email after entering the recipient’s email address and any further information.
- Distribute the picklist to your fulfillment team or warehouse workers. They will collect the indicated products from your inventory using the picklist as a guide, then prepare them for shipping or processing.
You may drastically increase your order fulfillment’s accuracy and effectiveness by using picklists you create in QuickBooks Enterprise Advanced Inventory. Picklists provide your warehouse personnel with a clear list of the products to pick and their locations, assisting them in staying organized and focused. This reduces selection time, decreases mistakes, and guarantees client orders are completed quickly.
Picklists also smoothly work with QuickBooks Enterprise’s other capabilities, such as barcode scanning. If your inventory has barcode labels, your warehouse personnel may quickly choose items by scanning the barcodes with appropriate scanners or mobile devices. QuickBooks Enterprise will automatically update the inventory amounts as things are picked up, keeping your inventory records accurate and current.
QuickBooks Enterprise Advanced Inventory’s picklist function is vital for inventory control and order fulfillment efficiency. You may increase customer happiness, warehouse operations, and company efficiency, all via the usage of picklists.