An issue known as QuickBooks issue Code 15222 may appear when you try to download a payroll update or upgrade the QuickBooks program. Users of QuickBooks often make this mistake, which may be annoying if it interferes with operations. In this post, we’ll examine the root causes of Error Code 15222 and provide detailed advice for troubleshooting and fixing the problem.
There are several potential reasons why Error Code 15222 could occur in QuickBooks. Let’s scrutinize each one:
- Internet Explorer configuration: QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as the underlying browser to create secure connections for downloading updates. Error Code 15222 may appear if Internet Explorer’s settings are outdated or misconfigured. Ensure Internet Explorer is updated to the most recent version and set as the default browser. These actions should be followed to upgrade Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer, step one. b. To access the Tools menu, click on the gear symbol in the top-right corner. c. From the drop-down box, choose “Internet Options.” d. Click the “Advanced” tab in the Internet Options box. g. To update Internet Explorer, click the “Check for updates” button and follow the on-screen directions.
- Firewall or Security Software: The firewall or security software installed on your computer is another typical cause of Error Code 15222. The problem might be caused by these security precautions preventing QuickBooks from establishing a secure connection to the update servers. To fix this, you must set up your firewall or security program to provide QuickBooks access to the required resources. Depending on the program you are using, the specific processes may vary, but generally speaking, you should seek choices relating to “Program Permissions,” “Application Rules,” or “Firewall Settings.” Make sure QuickBooks has the rights required to create an internet connection by adding it to the list of trusted apps or permitted programs.
- Anti-Spyware or Anti-Malware Software: These programs may prevent QuickBooks from downloading updates. They can wrongly consider QuickBooks’s components dangerous and restrict their internet connection. You may temporarily turn off the anti-spyware or anti-malware program to fix this issue or add QuickBooks as an exception in the program’s settings. To discover how to create exceptions, see your security program’s manual or support materials.
- Digital Signature Certificate: QuickBooks employs a digital signature certificate to confirm the legitimacy and integrity of downloaded data. Error Code 15222 may appear if the digital signature certificate is out-of-date or invalid. Take the following actions to remedy this:
- Close QuickBooks as well as any other open apps. c. Press the Windows key plus R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. c. Enter “C: Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks” in the Run box. d. To launch the “qbwebpatch.exe” file, find it and double-click it. d. Complete the process by following the instructions. The digital signing certificate for QuickBooks will be updated as a result.
- Internet Browser Compatibility: QuickBooks advises using Internet Explorer as the primary browser for the best compatibility. However, ensure it is set correctly if you prefer using a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Ensure the browser has the most recent update and the required security settings are enabled. It’s crucial to remember that certain QuickBooks features could only operate correctly with Internet Explorer, so switching to another browser might restrict usefulness.
Let’s move on to the procedures for troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code 15222 now that we have looked at its potential causes:
Step 1: Update QuickBooks. Make sure QuickBooks is running at the most recent version. Intuit often releases updates and patches to fix known problems and enhance functionality. To update QuickBooks, do the following actions:
- Launch QuickBooks and choose the “Help” option. a. From the selection option, choose “Update QuickBooks.” c. Select the “Update Now” option in the Update QuickBooks box. d. After choosing the updates, you wish to install, choose “Get Updates.” g. Hold off till the updates download and are installed. After finishing, restart QuickBooks.
Step 2: Verify Digital Signature Certificate After upgrading QuickBooks, check the digital signature certificate to see whether the problem still exists. Use the “qbwebpatch.exe” file to update the digital signature certificate by following the procedures described in reason #4 above.
Step 3: Review Internet Explorer’s Preferences By doing the following, you may make sure that Internet Explorer is set correctly:
- Start Internet Explorer, then choose the gear icon in the top-right corner. b. From the drop-down menu, choose “Internet Options.” c. Click the “Advanced” tab in the Internet Options box. d. Make sure the checkboxes for “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” and “Check for server certificate revocation” are selected in the “Security” section by scrolling down. d. To save the changes, click “OK” after selecting the “Apply” option.
Step 4: Configure Firewall and Security Software Check the settings of your firewall and security program to ensure they are not preventing QuickBooks from connecting to the internet. Add QuickBooks to your firewall or security program list of trusted or permitted programs. For precise instructions on creating exceptions, go to the documentation or support resources for your particular firewall or security program, if required.
Step 5: Temporarily Disable Anti-Spyware or Anti-Malware Software. If your computer runs anti-spyware or anti-malware software, turn it off to see if it helps. To discover how to stop your security software temporarily, see the manual or support materials for it.
Step 6: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks. It could be essential to do a clean install of QuickBooks if none of those above methods fix the problem. To do this, remove QuickBooks, rename the installation directories, and reinstall the program. Do a clean install to ensure that any faulty files or settings are entirely deleted. For comprehensive directions on carrying out a clean install, it is advised to go to the QuickBooks support website or contact their customer care.
You should be able to fix QuickBooks Error Code 15222 and successfully download updates or upgrade the QuickBooks program using the above troubleshooting procedures. It is advised to contact QuickBooks customer service or get advice from a qualified IT specialist knowledgeable with QuickBooks if the problem continues or if you run into any problems when troubleshooting.